Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year's Resolution

A blog made it on the list for this year's resolutions. And since Caleb needs to post to a blog for one of his classes this semester the timing couldn't get any better. So for our first post, here's a recount of a super cool family night.

I was given 2 tickets to a Jazz game yesterday at work, and not just any tickets, but Row C tickets (when it's not a number you know it's close). And when you have crazy close tickets like that you get to eat a fancy dinner dinner beforehand. We got there a few minutes before the game started so we quickly found the elevator and rode up to the 6th floor to the 100 Club. After checking in we filled our plates with food and sat in the north dining room. We quickly ate and stood at the elevator again to go down to the first floor. Then I noticed someone with an ice cream to go. So Caleb and I quickly grabbed our own little ice creams to go and went down to the game. Caleb and I sat directly behind the opponents bench. So here we are inches from NBA players watching a game. Although it does become problematic when the opposing team stands up because you can't see a thing they're so big. The Jazz played pretty well the first half, being in the lead for the most part. At halftime Caleb and I got to go to this room and get free popcorn, soda, nachos, cookies, and ice cream. When we sat down in our seats again, one of the New Orleans Hornets players (not suited up, just in jeans and a sportscoat, I looked him up and his name is Hilton Armstrong) leans back and asks "what kind of cookie is that?" I told him it was toffee. And he asked "do they have any sugar cookies?" I responded that they only had toffee, chocolate chip and some other kind that wasn't sugar. Caleb said I should have offered him my cookie or given him my ice cream bar. It crossed my mind for a second, then I figured these guys are rich enough, they can go get their own cookie. Anyway, the Jazz didn't play well in the second half and sadly lost 91-87. But it was a once in a lifetime experience for Caleb and I and we enjoyed every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment