Thursday, March 31, 2011

I got a cricut!

I've been thinking about getting a cricut machine for awhile. And finally my husband convinced me to make the purchase. I got a really good deal on the cricut create. And I immediately commenced crafting. The first project I used the cricut for was a spring decoration. I saw an example of this in Roberts and thought it was a really cute idea so I made some of my own.

This is the one I saw in Roberts.


Here's mine.
The Easter side.

And the Spring side.


At Roberts they had a "how-to" guide on these. So I took some of their ideas and then incorporated some of my own. I got a bag of random blocks from Hobby Lobby and after sanding them, painted them a cream color. Then I inked the edges. Then I decorated the blocks with paper and buttons, and such. Then used my handy dandy cricut to cut out the letters. It was lots of fun. Caleb's sisters came over and crafted with me. I like how it's a two-in-one decoration.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we're friends, now you can just make me lots of cute stuff (like double-sided adorable blocks!!!) for my house. Sound good? Okay, good. :)

    ReplyDelete