Actually I'm not sure that's accurate. I think the real reason I didn't read as many books in October is because I was busy. Working extra hours at work and other activities kept me from reading as much as I'd like to. But it didn't stop me altogether. Here's what I read in October.


1.
Generation Dead: Kiss of Life by Daniel Waters: Remember in
my last book review post I mentioned reading this, as it's a sequel to
Generation Dead? Well, I tried really really hard to finish it, but I just couldn't do it. For some reason I lost interest. Maybe it was the pacing. Anyway I treat books like food sometimes. With food, if I don't like I don't eat it. Why would I? I'm just wasting calories on something that I'm not even enjoying. If I'm not enjoying a book, why continue wasting my time reading it when there's another book out there that I WILL enjoy?

2.
Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce: Rereading can be fun. Remembering all the parts you forgot, etc. I enjoyed Bloodhound and am excited to pick up the newly released sequel number two from the library. (What do you call the third book in a series?)

3.
The Death Cure by James Dashner: I really liked
The Maze Runner and
Scorch Trials wasn't bad either and I liked the
The Death Cure, but it wasn't as strong as its predecessors. However, it was still a good read and overall an interesting series.

4.
Room by Emma Donoghue: I imagine this book was a struggle to write. And I also wonder if she actually talked to people that have been in this situation. Thinking about it I should have looked to see if there was an intro or conclusion that maybe says so or not. It's heart wrenching in places (most places actually) and told from a five year-old's perspective. Check it out.

5.
Variant by Robinson Wells: This book was interesting. Although I don't think it's too well known. Published in early October this dystopian young adult novel reminds me of
The Maze Runner a little bit. It's not perfect (but what is?) but definitely worth checking out if you like this genre.
Can i just say how AMAZING your Halloween costumes are! You seriously rock! I'm really glad you won a prize too!
ReplyDelete