Thursday, August 4, 2011

The book I forgot

Remember how I thought I had read another book in July but I couldn't remember what it was? I remembered. And ironically it was one that I enjoyed the most of all that I read last month. Back in May I read on a blog how Divergent was just released and said to be the next big thing in Young Adult lit, akin to The Hunger Games. I loved The Hunger Games so I immediately checked with my library, they didn't have it in yet. I told my two of my sisters about it and guess what, their libraries did have it! So they both read it before I did. Finally my library ordered a copy, I was second on the hold list (I was checking frequently). But since they only ordered one at first and the person first on the list didn't return their book on time it was another month or so before I got to read it. But it did not disappoint. This young adult dystopian themed novel is great. The idea is fresh and most of all the writing is good. Lately I've felt like although the author's ideas are good, they don't execute them well. Not the case with Veronica Roth (who is only 22?!!). I'm excited to see what the next novel has in store...it's a shame I'm going to have to wait a year to read it.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's like that with me and my journal. When I sit down to write, somehow all the humdrum, boring (or negative) things come out, and I realize later that I totally forgot to record the best thing that happened that day, or the biggest news of all! So thanks for doing a follow-up post. :D You could consider using the labels feature that blogger provides, and labeling your book review posts so readers could easily look up past reviews. Just a thought. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete