Sunday, March 7, 2010

Job Hunt

This past month has flown by. I can't believe that in a month and a half I will be graduating from BYU. I don't feel old enough and definitely don't look old enough. Every time I go and play basketball and I meet somebody new, they always ask me if I'm a freshman. I like to see the look on their faces when they here that I'm a senior and will be graduating in April. Anyways, I have a lot to get done before graduate, like get a job. This past month, much of my time has been spent researching companies and submitting applications. I am hoping that something will turn up. There are still companies hiring college students, but the market appears to be overcrowded. For every job opening there's a hundred people waiting in line. I'm hoping to get a job with a large commercial company to get some experience. It appears that the residential market is stalled and will remain so for a while longer. Also, my main goal is to be a part of the building of a temple and to do so I would need some commercial experience. I am going to be calling MATT Construction tomorrow and I hope the call goes well because they are a great company with high standards. The representative that I met at the competition I went to in Reno, said that many of their standards were based off of the Church's standards. They also said that they cared about the family and flew the wife in for interviews. I've also applied to quite a few other companies, so if tomorrow doesn't go as well as planned, there's always another company. Well I better get to bed tomorrow is going to be another busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment