Sunday, February 21, 2010

Kentucky

So while Caleb was at his competition I went home to Kentucky last weekend. I flew out early in the morning on Feb. 10 and I got to Kentucky that afternoon. On Wednesday night I just hung out with my parents and my sister and my incredibly fun nephew (whose favorite hymn by the way is "Teach me to walk in the Light," which he will mumble the words to quite often). We went out that night to Marshall's which is basically a TJMaxx. On Thursday we slept in and time our time in the morning. Then Mom and Sarah and I went to Half Price Books which is a discount book store that I haven't seen out west. Then for lunch we went to Flag Fork Farms which is a little lunch cafe/boutique of sorts. I had a yummy BLT with some cut veggies and a cup of potato soup. Then I bought a shawl there with is light purple with a flower pattern. Caleb says it's something old ladies wear but I think it's pretty and wore it to work this week where a few different people complimented me on it. After that we went and saw the movie Leap Year at the dollar theater. It's a pretty decent chick flick. On Thursday night Sarah and I took Jackson in for a hair cut. It was pretty funny, any time the scissors got close to his ears or the back of his neck he would squirm. But he survived with the help of a sucker. On Friday my mom and I drove over to Bybee pottery.
Bybee pottery has been around for over two hundred years. My mom used to take us there when we were little. It was so popular then that people would line up outside at 6 in the morning just to get in and get some pottery. It's less popular now but it's very affordable. This time I got a few pieces to start my own collection. After we got back from that we went with Sarah and dad to my old elementary school which has been turned into an antiques mall.
It was fun to look around and remember where everything used to be. One of my favorite things that I remember from elementary school are the carnivals, particularly the cake walk. I loved doing the cake walk and hoping I'd be on the right number in the end to get a cake. After that my mom took me to Chipotle, one of my favorite places to eat. I always try and go when I'm there. They have one here in Utah but it's up in Midway I think, so it's a bit far to drive just for lunch or dinner. Then Friday night was the stake valentine's dinner and dance. So I went with mom and dad to that. Ammie, one of my best friends from back home was there with her husband so we took the opportunity to catch up. Then we went back home to catch the rest of the Olympics opening ceremony. On Saturday morning I went with my mom and Sarah to go shoe shopping for Jackson. He thought it was a lot more fun than the hair cut. Then we did some grocery shopping and headed home to relax for the rest of the day. I think I was super lucky to get to spend the weekend in Kentucky and it was infinitely better than staying home alone. Caleb picked me up from the airport on Sunday morning and we got Valentine's day and President's day to relax before going back to school and work. Lucky us I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment