Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Weekend

This past week was very hectic. Having been gone for most of the prior week in Reno, I had lots to do. I had three tests and a ton of homework to get done, but somehow I survived. Despite being hectic, this week was also a really good week, because we were finally able to pay off my school loans and become completely debt free. Between our large tax return and Rachel's bonus, we had more than enough to pay off my school loan. We have quite a bit in savings, so we weren't worried, but it was sure nice to be able to pay off the loan, especially when we were able to do it with money that we weren't expecting. To celebrate being debt free we went out and bought a game we've been wanting to buy for a while called Dominion. We first played the game at Rachel's twin sister's house and have been wanting it ever since. We counted it as part of Rachel's bonus. The game is different from any other game I've played and changes each time you play it, so it's a good investment. The game also won game of year in Europe. It's hard to explain the rules, it's one of those games you just have to play to understand. We're actually going to play it tonight with some friends, so that should be fun. I would recommend this game to anyone, because it's a lot of fun, but at the same time you don't get upset when you lose. You'll understand what I mean once you've played the game. Anyways, I have to get some stuff ready for when our friends come over, so I better run. I love Sundays, because you are forced to rest and take a break from work and school, which was what I needed the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment